Yoga is an extraordinary practice of self-discovery & transformation.
The Chattanooga Yoga School is led by dedicated and experienced yoga trainers who will prepare you to enter a studio classroom with confidence and compassion. Upon graduation, you will have sequenced and taught multiple yoga classes, if you have chosen the "Teacher Training" track. We currently offer the following classes.
- Advanced study of asana (proper alignment, benefits and potential risks)
- Principles of anatomy
- Science and art of sequencing
- Hands-on adjustments
- How to observe bodies
- Informed use of props to improve or modify a posture
- Cultivating your voice
- Confidence-building through practice teaching
- Yoga history and philosophy
- Sanskrit names of postures
- The Business of Yoga
- Sportsbarn membership to non-members with full schedule of yoga classes
- Free Child Care at Sportsbarn
- Current Sportsbarn members will a receive discount on the tuition
embodied awareness in-depth workshops
These immersion are for those that want to deepen their understanding of yoga and want to experience the self-transformative benefits of this type of immersion but may not want to teach yoga. You will not be required to teach and you will not take any teaching methodology portions of the training.
300 Hour Yoga training
- Details coming soon
Details will be coming soon for this new training program that will be offered in mid-2017.